DEFRA news - rumours

DEFRA news - rumours

Postby Hazelmay » Wed May 25, 2022 12:24 pm

To: RPRA staff, Councillors & Region Secretaries

As in all parts of life rumours quickly spread. However it does seem that there is a real problem in the pigeon sport of total nonsense being spread about individuals and scenarios such as channel racing. Some conclude that social media has added to this problem and it may be hard to argue with this opinion.

There is one such rumour that is currently spreading that is causing a lot of concern among members and I therefore wish to provide some accurate information in this respect.

The rumours states that at the meeting between myself and the national organisations yesterday, the 'RPRA' told the nationals representatives that the DEFRA registration requirement will be extended to north road racing.

This is absolute nonsense! I did meet with the national organisations to talk through the process but never was anything mentioned about the same requirements being imposed on North Road Racing. To my knowledge there are no plans by DEFRA to do so.....they are implementing the process for channel racing simply because EU rules require it and therefore to assist those who wish to continue racing across the channel under these requirements.

Before spreading rumours why not try and establish the facts before doing so. Let people and organisations make their own mind up about their future in the sport based on the facts and not the nonsense spread by some. I would also encourage members to get their information from the RPRA website, BHW, RPRA social media and pigeon post rather than second hand through other avenues.

Thanks

Ian
Hazelmay

Return to RPRA SOUTHERN REGION