Solent Fed transporter RTA update

Solent Fed transporter RTA update

Postby LeeP50 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:43 am

Dear members

Update on police enquiries and my response.

From: Eastment, Ben (P7419) <ben.eastment@thamesvalley.police.uk>
To: leep40@aol.com <leep40@aol.com>
CC: davecave11@virginmedia.com <davecave11@virginmedia.com>; dmitchell.dambuilders@aol.com <dmitchell.dambuilders@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 7:25
Subject: Re: Solent Federation pigeon transporter

Hi Lee,

As per our conversation this morning,
GP53 BVG was reported as stolen by the registered keeper on the 10/09/22 at 00.11 hours.

It was reported as being stolen between 09/09/22 @14.00 hrs and 09/09/22 @ 22.00 hrs from an address in Petersfield.

The Hampshire Police crime reference is 44220368873

Pass these details to your insurance company and they can pursue any claim going forward with this reference.

Regards
Ben

-----Original Message-----

Hello Ben

Thank you for your update.

Once again, however, we find the information given by the people the police have contacted in relation to the accident highly suspicious.

1/ Can we assume that the individual reporting the vehicle stolen is the person to whom it was sold by the person initially identified on the night of the accident from the insurance record of the Audi ?

2/ Whilst we acknowledge the car was reported stolen, this was not recorded until some 2 hours after the accident (11 minutes past midnight seems an strange time to report the incident, especially when the theft took place the day previous to the accident ???)

3/ As I mentioned to you, the keys had appeared to have been removed from the car by the driver when he/she left the scene. There was no damage to the steering column to indicate that car had been started in any other manner. You did comment that the keys could have also been stolen (possible house theft). Was there any break in reported, or explanation from the person interviewed by Hampshire police to corroborate this possibility or any explanation offered in this respect ?

4/ Whilst the dashcam footage from one of our witnesses was unable to identify the second vehicle, with which the Audio appeared to have been racing, I would ask if there are any CCTV/traffic cameras operating in the local vicinity that may have picked the two vehicles up ?

Whilst our drivers were extremely lucky to have the protection of an 8.5 ton vehicle, had the perpetrator of this incident hit another car, or indeed managed to successfully overtake our lorry and been involved in some form of head on incident we believe the outcome would have been a great deal more serious.

Please can you confirm what further investigations will take place to identify and apprehend this extremely reckless and potentially dangerous individual so that I may report these intentions to our membership.

Kind regards
Lee Patterson
Secretary, Solent South Road Federation.
LeeP50

Return to SOLENT FEDERATION