Upper Heyford 2 lib details - update 13:40

Upper Heyford 2 lib details - update 13:40

Postby LeeP50 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:49 am

76 members sent 2,031 birds

As yet, unfortunately, I have had no word from your race controller. However, I wish to dispel the rumours that Solent Fed birds will be moved back to Newbury, or that there will be no liberation if the birds are not released by 12:00
Firstly, we have to consider where the shorter flyers are situated, which is why our shortest race has to be from Upper Heyford.
Secondly, there is no time limit within federation rules limiting when we have to liberate by. The welfare our the pigeons in our charge will take precedent over all other considerations.
Thirdly, if we can not liberate at all due to weather conditions then the birds will be brought back to the loading sites for clubs to collect, unless otherwise instructed, as per the decision made at our committee meeting on 23rd August 2020.
Kind regards
Lee

Having spoken to Tony Adams it is unlikely that there will be a liberation until after midday. I will update as soon as there is any further information.

Birds were liberated at 12:30 in mainly blue skies with some light clouds. Wind is moderate to strong WSW. The heavy rain has passed through but there is an outside chance there may be showers along the route. Birds cleared the site in one batch. Good luck all !
LeeP50

Return to SOLENT FEDERATION